The plastic card is for sure better than keeping real coins in your pocket. That is because it has fewer effects on you if you got robbed when you are visiting certain country for tourism or work. But using that card does not mean that you are on the safe side, because still you can be robbed or maybe subjected to frauds. That’s why you should pay attention always in order not experience such things.
Here are some steps that you can follow in order to prevent experiencing bad situations while travelling outside your country:
• Use a visa card not a real coins
• Put your visa card in a neck pouch
• Inform your bank about the destinations that you will be visiting and the places that you will be using your card at.
• Save all the data about your account and your card in a secret place in order to use them if anything went wrong.
• Be aware if all what you pay in any place you go and always check your bank account status, to be sure that no frauds took place.
• Don’t tell anyone about the ID of your bank’s card.
• Use the safe that is found in your hotel room to preserve all your items.
• If you tried to withdraw money from the ATM machine, and you realized that there is something wrong then call your bank directly and inform about the issue.
• If you lost your card then directly all the bank in aim of getting a new one.
And after you arrive to your country, check your bank account again and make sure that the amount of money you paid is the same as the amount of money that was taken from the account. If you found something wrong then call the bank to ask more about the case.