The time for Eid holiday travel is approaching fast. With schools closing for vacations later this month, a heavy rush is expected at the airports. The Hamad International Airport has come out with a list of instructions for passengers to ensure that their journey is easy and uneventful.
* Be sure to check in online in advance. Check-ins will close 60 minutes prior to flight’s departure.
* Arrive to the airport at least three hours prior to your flight.
* People should use free E-gates to avoid long queues.
* Members of the general public dropping off or collecting passengers will get free parking for the first hour. A charge of QR5 each will be levied for each subsequent hours.
* Passengers who are going for vacation will have the option of parking their vehicles in the long-term car park. They will have regular shuttles from there to the airport’s main terminal.
* Until June 28, only passengers with valid tickets and passports will be allowed access into the departures check-in hall.
Don’t worry if you were in a hurry to reach the airport before the queues set in and forgot to have food before leaving home. The HIA operates a number of famous restaurants, with two new ones, Burger Federation and Spizzico, opening last month.
Two months ago, the HIA had also become the first airport in the GCC to achieve Level 3 of Airports Council International (ACI) Airport Carbon Accreditation.